A phonics-based approach
New wave spelling – A phonics-based approach is a whole-school spelling workbook series. The spelling lists within each unit are organised with a phonetic emphasis.
Each workbook is supported by a comprehensive teacher resource book containing support material to enhance the teaching and learning opportunities provided in its corresponding workbook.
- Comprehensive whole-year program of 20 units of work
- Spelling lists of words with common phonemes represented in different ways
- Revision list treated in each unit
- Words selected from proven Australian contemporary lists
- Variety of activities to develop different strategies for spelling
- Teaches spelling rules
- Vowel and consonant phonics reference charts